About Me

HI my name is Tom, I go to Windsor Boys school where I take Media Studies at A-level, this blog will be used for research purposes, and also to chart me and my groups progress as we make our two minute film for our coursework, :)

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Initial Ideas for my Opening scene project

Whilst studying and analysing films such as "Pulp Fiction", "Goodellas" and "Harry Brown" I have been inspired to create a film in the same Gangster style and genre. What strikes me particularly about "Pulp Fiction" is the way in which casual conversation is used to comedic effect. The content of the conversation clearly gives them away as career criminals, but their calm nature and measured approach to the planning of the robbery is counter typical of the stereotypical criminal/gangster. This makes the characters intriguing and funny to the viewer and sets a precedent for the rest of the film. I will try and replicate this use of dialogue and acting in my film for this same effect, in order to bring an element of comedy to an otherwise serious and quite dark film opening. Whilst drawing inspiration from Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas represents the darker, more unforgiving side of the gangster world, one where the use of knives and guns as a means of protection or indeed persuasion is commonplace. In order to incorporate this into my film, I will use minimal lighting and dark incriminating costumes for the actors, to create an imposing atmosphere for the action to take place in.
The rough idea for the plot so far is that two first time gangsters have just killed someone, but have no idea how or where to discard the body. A discussion follows and using their knowledge of gangster movies, they eventually come up with a solution. I am currently in the process of scriptwriting for this peice, this will be posted as soon as it is finalised.

No comments:

Post a Comment